Erin Marie Sills
I grew up in Indiana but married a Kentucky boy and we now live in Lexington. We have 3 kids, a boy and two girls. We love family time, traveling and Kentucky basketball.
I have always loved food and nutrition. I graduated from Ball State University in dietetics and then completed an internship at the University of Kentucky Hospital to become a Registered Dietitian. I earned a Masters in Business Administration at the University of Kentucky and completed additional training through the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute to become a Certified Health Coach.
I worked as a hospital dietitian for several years but after the birth of my first child I traded in my lab coat for yoga pants and became a stay at home mom. I immersed myself in breastfeeding, cloth diapering, and baby food making. Once my youngest child transitioned to solid food I founded Health Happens at Home to share my passion for nutrition with others.
I understand the challenges of family health with busy lifestyles. My strategies and solutions are formed from my personal experience, expert knowledge and credible resources.
10 Tidbits About Me
- Erin Marie is my first name even though it’s two words. While most people just call me Erin, I’ll answer to either one.
- I love to organize. My husband even added a comment about my organizing in our self written wedding vows.
- I was a lifeguard and swim lesson instructor in high school and college. I even competed in an international lifeguarding competition.
- I have never colored my hair. Although that may change since I’ve spotted a few grays coming through.
- I have a obession of Ball jars. It started with attending Ball State University, founded by the Ball Brothers. I use the jars for food storage, décor, soap dispensers, organizing and flower vases. I have a whole kitchen cabinet devoted to my jars and lids.
- Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite indulgence.
- I seem to be prone to vestibular issues. I developed Mal de Debarquement syndrome after a cruise. I also may have Mineire’s disease. I have recovered, but now follow a low sodium diet to help decrease the risk of another flare up.
- I love Zumba! The music and the moves. I am not very good, but I have a blast doing it.
- My oldest child is attending a hybrid school for kindergarten. He attends school 2 days a week and I home school the other days.
- Two of my three kids are very picky eaters. They don’t seem to care that their mom is a dietitian and health coach.
Our 2015 attempts at family photos. This. is. my. life.