It's Recipe Redux Time! (and we went to Disney World and technology was not my friend so I missed the link up, but here is the post anyway) The theme this month is a recipe based on an early cooking memory. One of my first cooking experiences was making pizza dough (usually from a box) and using that to make all sorts of yummy creations both sweet and savory. This is a simple Stromboli recipe similar to those early cookies memories.
Super Simple Stromboli
- Pizza dough (whole wheat)
- 6 ounces deli style ham (or turkey)
- 7 slices of cheese (we used cheddar but Swiss would also be great)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Pasta sauce/marinara for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make the pizza dough. (or buy some whole wheat dough).
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
- Sprinkle on onion powder.
- Top with cheese, meat, and vegetables as desired.
- Roll up the dough starting with a long side. Pinch the seam to seal and roll the ends under. Place the seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy. Serve warm with sauce as desired.
I hope you enjoy this Stromboli. What are some of your early cooking memories? Let me know in the comments below.
Don't forget that Health Happens at Home,
Orange Cranberry Ancient Grain Granola Recipe. #thereciperedux
Sick of sweets for breakfast? Try this savory Mushroom Goat Cheese Buckwheat. #thereciperedux
It's Recipe Redux! Let's get out the slow cooker and make a big batch of beans for future meals. Get an easy recipe here.
#thereciperedux A fresh delicious recipe for Mini Rose Cakes.
A recipe for a Mocktail of Sparkling Cardamom Grapefruit Juice.
Don't toss those veggie scraps or chicken bones. Save, freeze and use to make broth instead. Get the details here.
#thereciperedux Get an easy oven pancake recipe using ingredients you probably have on hand. - Health Happens at Home
A simple, healthy taco pizza recipe. #thereciperedux
A super easy dish for under $3 per serving.
#thereciperedux Salmon Loaf. Packed with Omega 3s and my picky eaters gobbled it up!