It's Recipe Redux Time! (and we went to Disney World and technology was not my friend so I missed the link up, but here is the post anyway) The theme this month is a recipe based on an early cooking memory. One of my first cooking experiences was making pizza dough (usually from a box) and using that to make all sorts of yummy creations both sweet and savory. This is a simple Stromboli recipe similar to those early cookies memories.
Super Simple Stromboli
- Pizza dough (whole wheat)
- 6 ounces deli style ham (or turkey)
- 7 slices of cheese (we used cheddar but Swiss would also be great)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Pasta sauce/marinara for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make the pizza dough. (or buy some whole wheat dough).
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
- Sprinkle on onion powder.
- Top with cheese, meat, and vegetables as desired.
- Roll up the dough starting with a long side. Pinch the seam to seal and roll the ends under. Place the seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy. Serve warm with sauce as desired.
I hope you enjoy this Stromboli. What are some of your early cooking memories? Let me know in the comments below.
Don't forget that Health Happens at Home,
A recipe for a Mocktail of Sparkling Cardamom Grapefruit Juice.
Don't toss those veggie scraps or chicken bones. Save, freeze and use to make broth instead. Get the details here.
#thereciperedux Get an easy oven pancake recipe using ingredients you probably have on hand. - Health Happens at Home
A simple, healthy taco pizza recipe. #thereciperedux
A super easy dish for under $3 per serving.
#thereciperedux Salmon Loaf. Packed with Omega 3s and my picky eaters gobbled it up!
#thereciperedux A spiced coffee recipe. Get a homemade, healthier alterative to high priced spiced coffees.
#thereciperedux It's a plant protein power bowl: Amaranth, Lentil, Sweet Potato Bowl!
#thereciperedux A Simple Stromboli Recipe!
A simple crepe recipe inspired by a trip to Paris, France. #thereciperedux