It's Recipe Redux time! This month's theme is colorful holiday food. Use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey in this easy, delicious chicken/turkey salad recipe that omits the mayo. Add in some delicious and colorful dried cranberries plus pumpkin seeds for some heart healthy fat.
Chicken (or Turkey) Salad
Makes about 4 cups
- 3 cups shredded or chopped chicken (or turkey) - can also use 2 10-oz cans of chicken
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1 tsp lemon pepper (salt-free)
Mix ingredients together and enjoy.
- Wrapped up in lettuce
- On an apple round topped with a pecan
- On whole grain crackers or toast (or even a crossant)
- Stuffed in a whole grain pita
- As a dressing substitute on a lettuce salad
What are some of your favorite colorful holiday dishes? Let me know in the comments below. Also check out other Recipe Redux Recipes by clicking the image below.
Health really does happen at home,
Get a delicious recipe to use up Thanksgiving Turkey in turkey/chicken salad featuring cranberries and no mayo.
Get weight loss tips, gift ideas, snack ideas and more in this links post.
25 easy gift ideas to promote healthy living.
The very best way to get your Thanksgiving turkey cooked to perfection and tasting out of this world! Three tips for terrific turkey!