It's Recipe Redux time! This month we are creating savory breakfast dishes. Anyone else get sick of the traditional American sweet flavors at breakfast? This Mushroom and Goat Cheese Buckwheat is delicious! I used goat milk and goat cheese but you could substitute any milk and any crumbled cheese you prefer. I used buckwheat but any porridge style grain would work. You can check out my blog series on ancient grains if you want to try something different.
Mushroom and Goat Cheese Buckwheat
- 1/2 cup cooked buckwheat goats
- 3/4 cup mushrooms (any variety)
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese plus 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp milk (I used goat milk)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- parsley or fresh thyme for garnish, as desired
- Make sure the buckwheat goats are cooked and reheat if needed.
- Saute the mushrooms in the olive oil for about 4 - 5 minutes or until desired tenderness of mushrooms.
- Add milk, 2 Tbsp goat cheese, salt and thyme to warm buckwheat groats.
- Top groats with mushrooms, additional 1 Tbsp goat cheese and fresh parsley.
Eggs scrambled, soft cooked or even hard boiled are also excellent with this dish.
What are you favorite savory breakfast recipes? Let me know in the comments below.
Don't forget health happens at home,
Orange Cranberry Ancient Grain Granola Recipe. #thereciperedux
Sick of sweets for breakfast? Try this savory Mushroom Goat Cheese Buckwheat. #thereciperedux
It's Recipe Redux! Let's get out the slow cooker and make a big batch of beans for future meals. Get an easy recipe here.
#thereciperedux A fresh delicious recipe for Mini Rose Cakes.
A recipe for a Mocktail of Sparkling Cardamom Grapefruit Juice.
Don't toss those veggie scraps or chicken bones. Save, freeze and use to make broth instead. Get the details here.
#thereciperedux Get an easy oven pancake recipe using ingredients you probably have on hand. - Health Happens at Home
A simple, healthy taco pizza recipe. #thereciperedux
A super easy dish for under $3 per serving.
#thereciperedux Salmon Loaf. Packed with Omega 3s and my picky eaters gobbled it up!
I am excited to see what other savory recipes are featured this month on The Recipe Redux. Click below to check out more recipes from other dietitians and food bloggers.