Frittatas are great. They are easy and can help you clean out the fridge or just get rid of some leftovers! If you are wondering, a frittata is kind of like a baked omelette or a quiche without the crust. This simple recipe can be adapted in many ways. Simiply use any leftover meat or vegetables, and any cheese you have (including cottage cheese). You could include black beans and corn for a Southwest taste and top with salsa and avocado. Shredded, uncooked, red potatoes are also a great addition. Just add what you have, bake and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheese any on hand
- 4 slices bacon, cooked optional, may use any other meat as desired
- 1⁄8 cup frozen spinach, chopped more as desired. Fresh spinach or kale are also good
- 1⁄2 cup sweet potato, cooked , chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder may use sauteed yellow or red onion or 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- sprinkle turmeric
- sprinkle salt to taste. we eat very low sodium
- sprindle fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix eggs, milk, cheese and pour into greased baking dish. I grease with coconut oil and use a glass pie plate.
- Add meat and vegetables as desired. I usually mix the meat into the whole pan and the vegetables on half since my kids don't prefer frittata with vegetables.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Occasionally, I pour the above mix into a store bought whole wheat pie crust to make a quiche instead.
I'm excited that my new subscription to Plan to Eat allows me to input printable recipes! If you want to know more about Plan to Eat, then check out my recent post. Let me know what your favorite frittata combinations are in the comments below.
Remember that Health Happens at Home,
Orange Cranberry Ancient Grain Granola Recipe. #thereciperedux
Sick of sweets for breakfast? Try this savory Mushroom Goat Cheese Buckwheat. #thereciperedux
It's Recipe Redux! Let's get out the slow cooker and make a big batch of beans for future meals. Get an easy recipe here.
#thereciperedux A fresh delicious recipe for Mini Rose Cakes.
A recipe for a Mocktail of Sparkling Cardamom Grapefruit Juice.
Don't toss those veggie scraps or chicken bones. Save, freeze and use to make broth instead. Get the details here.
#thereciperedux Get an easy oven pancake recipe using ingredients you probably have on hand. - Health Happens at Home
A simple, healthy taco pizza recipe. #thereciperedux
A super easy dish for under $3 per serving.
#thereciperedux Salmon Loaf. Packed with Omega 3s and my picky eaters gobbled it up!