8 Stress Busters
- If you can't change it, don't worry about it. You will not be able to control every situation, but you can control your reaction.
- Focus on solutions, not problems.
- Redirect negative thoughts.
- Take a deep breath. Or several. Everyday.
- Move to mellow your mind. Exercise works like a prescription mood mellower without side effects.
- Surround yourself with upbeat, positive people (or even a pet).
- Laugh. Laughter is good medicine. Physiologically laughter is the opposite of the stress response. Find a cartoon, TV show, or movie that gave you a good laugh and enjoy another good laugh during stressful seasons.
- Serve or help someone else. When you give of yourself to help others, feel-good hormones, like dopamine are released in your brain.
For more tips on stress reduction check out the workshop, Journey to a Happy, Healthy Life (aka Prime Time Health). This amazing workshop is chalked full of useful information and helpful tips. It's designed for adults and can focus on prevention, or repair depending on your needs. Health Happens At Home is now offering flexible web based workshops! Be sure to check the Events page often for new group classes or contact me to start your own class.
Need some help getting started laughing? Check out this adorable video and see if you can keep a straight face.
What other ways do you manage stress?
Content in this post was adapted from Prime Time Health Workshops developed by the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. This was originally posted in the September Nutrition Nibbles Newsletter. Subscribe below and be the first to get new content. Connect with me on social media, too!
Affiliate links were included in this post. Learn more here.