It's Recipe Redux time. This month the assignment was to come up with an entree recipe for under $3 per serving. This baked pasta is a favorite in our house. It's super easy and very budget friendly.
Serving size: about 1 cup. Makes about 12 servings at about $2 per serving
- 1 box whole wheat pasta ($1.00)
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) of pasta sauce of choice ($14)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese ($2.00)
- 2 cans (12.5 ounce each) chicken ($4)
- 2 bags of frozen broccoli ($3)
Boil pasta according to package directions. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Mix pasta, sauce, cheese and chicken. Add mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until heated through. Steam broccoli according to package directions. Serve pasta with broccoli.
Don't forget that health happens at home,