Affiliate links may be included in this newsletter. Learn more here. Thanks for your support!
This spice is made from plant seeds. Cardamom can come from green or black seed pods. Cardamom is one of the most expensive spices. It's commonly used in Indian cooking and also in some coffee, tea and dessert recipes. It has a sweet taste with floral elements. Here are some health benefits of cardamom:
- antioxidant - helps prevent heart disease and cancer.
- antimicrobial - protects against certain bacteria and fungus. Chewing on cardamom pods is one way to freshen breath naturally because it kills germs linked to bad breath. It also helps prevent dental cavities.
- aids in digestion - reduces stomach aches and flatulence
- asthma aid - can function as a broncodilator helping with asthma control
- blood pressure control - had been shown to reduce hypertension in supplemental amounts (rather than amounts common in culinary recipes)
Get more cardamom in your diet using the recipes below!
Content in this post was first published in the monthly newsletter. Be among the first to get new content. Subscribe below.
Do you have favorite recipes containing cardamom? Leave the recipe link in the comments below.
Health really does happen at home,