Affiliate Links (Amazon and MuTu) are included in this post. Read more about my affiliate relationships here. And THANKS for your support!
Be sure to check out my post on the beginning of my journey to healing diastasis recti here.
Things I like:
- The prompts help me remember to have good form
- I can workout barefoot
- It isn't video so it doesn't take up tons of room on my phone, but there are images and audio
- 15 minute workouts. I can usually fit in 15 minutes before kids wake up or they can go crazy for 15 minutes while I workout (there is also the option for 30 minute workout). I can do 15 minutes!
Things I don't like:
- I would do even better with video
So pretty much I love it! It fits with my busy mom, blogger, dietitian life for right now. It makes me feel good that I have at least done something for myself to improve/lesson/maintain progress on diastasis recti.
I have high aspirations to do more:
- I've purchased Alignment Snacks from Katy Bowman. But they are 30 minutes and it's hard to fit that in with all my other chores and people.
- I also purchased and read Katy's book Diastasis Recti. I intend to add some of these additional exercises into my day. I usually fail here. I would love these exercises on video with prompts on form where I could select one per day (or more) to complete. The book is excellent and if you can be motivated without video. It is truly a thorough resource.
- I purchased the Coregeous Combo from Yoga Tune Up to help with myofascial release as recommended by Katy Bowman. I have not used this much. I comes with 5 videos. I am never sure which ones to do because I don't really have time to do more than one at a time and I found the Yoga Tune Up balls difficult to use. People rave about them online and I want to love them but just haven't figured it out yet. I plan to keep trying.
- I also have heard/read great things about Restore Your Core Yoga Program. Lauren has a free mini workout once per month if you subscribe. I usually like these. I just don't have the money to purchase this program right now. So hopefully someday I can review this program for you. I am a yoga fan so I would love to try this one.
- I try to walk as much as possible. Both actually going for walks and simply parking further away and walking into buildings and stores. Sometimes my little people complicate my best intentions in this area.
If you have diastasis recti, what are you doing to promote healing? Let me know in the comments below.
Don't forget that health happens at home,
Links on nuts for health, treats for kids, stress, fitness apps, whole grains to inspire healthier living.
Some links to resources around the web to inspire healthier living.
Some links on movement, coffee, self-care and more to inspire healthier living.
The journey continues, more on diastasis recti and my review of the MuTu app.
Some links from around the web about essential oils, benefits of exercise, life changing success stories, and food psychology.
One woman's journey of adopting health as a hobby and how it transformed her life! A guest post success story!
Links on protein power bowls, lifestyle for long term weight loss, exercise benefits, Thanksgiving celebrations and the great commission to inspire your wellness journey!
Some links from around the web on nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle to inspire healthier living.
Get inspired to live healthier with these links on table talk, cooking once-a-month, grocery shopping, exercise, and picky eating!
Links on lean living, reducing plastic, food additives to avoid, pointing kids to Jesus and a muffin recipe!