Today is Recipe Redux posting day! This month's theme was small bites for sunny days. These rollups are a nice way to get some lean protein and healthy fat, and some green light vegetables (that aren't salad).
My favorite vegetable to use in this recipe is jicama. Have you ever had it? It has a mild flavor and is crunchy like a water chestnut.
Veggie Turkey Rollups
- Deli style turkey (I used a no added nitrate version from Kroger)
- Hummus (about 1/2 tsp per slice of turkey)
- Jicama, peeled, sliced and juilianned
- Bell pepper, sliced into strips
- Baby Spinach leaves (not pictured but would be a great addition)
Place a slice of turkey on a plate. Add the desired amount of hummus. Place the desired amount of jicama and bell pepper or other vegetables onto the turkey and roll it up. Enjoy!