It's Recipe Redux day! This month's theme was to choose another Recipe Redux dietitian and make a recipe of theirs or let a recipe inspire a new creation. I am constantly searching for new and easy ways to get veggies into my family so I picked these cheesy cauliflower tots (only 7 ingredients) from RDelicious Kitchen. Julie Harrington is the dietitian blogger at RDelicious Kitchen. She has a culinary background and loves fitness. She also works as a supermarket dietitian and has lots of great recipes on her website.
This recipe was very simple to make! I altered her recipe slightly to include more cheese, hoping this would increase the likelihood my kids would eat it. They still didn't love it, but they did taste it.
Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
Recipe Adapted from Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen
- 4 cups finely chopped cauliflower (I used my mini food processor from this post)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat over to 375. Grease mini muffin pan. (I used coconut oil)
- Place finely chopped cauliflower into microwave safe dish. Place a damp paper towel on top and microwave for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the mini muffin pan and pack down the cauliflower mixture.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Serve warm with condiments of choice. (We used ketchup)
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
It's Recipe Redux! Let's get out the slow cooker and make a big batch of beans for future meals. Get an easy recipe here.
#thereciperedux A fresh delicious recipe for Mini Rose Cakes.
A recipe for a Mocktail of Sparkling Cardamom Grapefruit Juice.
Don't toss those veggie scraps or chicken bones. Save, freeze and use to make broth instead. Get the details here.
#thereciperedux Get an easy oven pancake recipe using ingredients you probably have on hand. - Health Happens at Home
A simple, healthy taco pizza recipe. #thereciperedux
A super easy dish for under $3 per serving.
#thereciperedux Salmon Loaf. Packed with Omega 3s and my picky eaters gobbled it up!
#thereciperedux A spiced coffee recipe. Get a homemade, healthier alterative to high priced spiced coffees.
#thereciperedux It's a plant protein power bowl: Amaranth, Lentil, Sweet Potato Bowl!