This month's Recipe Redux theme was to grab a cookbook and make remake a recipe on a page number with a combination of 2016. I chose The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook page 216, Salmon Loaf.
I am always looking for more ways to get Omega 3 fatty acids into my family. And my picky eater kids actually ate this!!
Recipe adapted from the Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.
- 1 (14 3/4 - ounce) can salmon
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain salmon, reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid. Flake the salmon with a fork.
- Brown the almond meal in the butter over medium heat.
- Combine salmon, reserved liquid, eggs, onion, olive oil, pepper, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Grease a 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup browned almond meal into the bottom of the pan.
- Add the salmon mixture and shape into a loaf. Press the remaining browned almond meal into the top.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes.
What creative ways do you get Omega 3's into your family?
Don't forget health happens at home,
Learn about the ancient grain Kamut.
A recipe for a Mocktail of Sparkling Cardamom Grapefruit Juice.
Links on nuts for health, treats for kids, stress, fitness apps, whole grains to inspire healthier living.
Don't toss those veggie scraps or chicken bones. Save, freeze and use to make broth instead. Get the details here.
Get some links to fast and easy recipes my family will enjoy this month. Some new things too!
Get the scoop on millet including how to prepare it.
Links from around the web to inspire healthy living. Topics include weight loss, healthy eating tips from RD's, how to reduce portions and not go hungry and reducing sugar in yogurt.
#thereciperedux Get an easy oven pancake recipe using ingredients you probably have on hand. - Health Happens at Home
Our March meal plan (what's left of March) with recipe links.