This month's Recipe Redux theme was to grab a cookbook and make remake a recipe on a page number with a combination of 2016. I chose The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook page 216, Salmon Loaf.
I am always looking for more ways to get Omega 3 fatty acids into my family. And my picky eater kids actually ate this!!
Recipe adapted from the Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.
- 1 (14 3/4 - ounce) can salmon
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain salmon, reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid. Flake the salmon with a fork.
- Brown the almond meal in the butter over medium heat.
- Combine salmon, reserved liquid, eggs, onion, olive oil, pepper, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Grease a 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup browned almond meal into the bottom of the pan.
- Add the salmon mixture and shape into a loaf. Press the remaining browned almond meal into the top.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes.
What creative ways do you get Omega 3's into your family?
Don't forget health happens at home,
The Lucky Iron Fish for iron deficiency anemia prevention. Get my thoughts here.
Looking for some simple and fast recipe inspiration? Check out my August meal plan. Recipe link are included in the post.
Get some facts on the ancient grain bulgur. Plus my favorite recipe using bulgur!
It's Recipe Redux! Let's get out the slow cooker and make a big batch of beans for future meals. Get an easy recipe here.
Get the scoop on the ancient grain Teff.
#thereciperedux A fresh delicious recipe for Mini Rose Cakes.
A review of the Sun Basket meal kit service. See if this company is right for you.