This month's Recipe Redux theme was to grab a cookbook and make remake a recipe on a page number with a combination of 2016. I chose The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook page 216, Salmon Loaf.
I am always looking for more ways to get Omega 3 fatty acids into my family. And my picky eater kids actually ate this!!
Recipe adapted from the Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.
- 1 (14 3/4 - ounce) can salmon
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain salmon, reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid. Flake the salmon with a fork.
- Brown the almond meal in the butter over medium heat.
- Combine salmon, reserved liquid, eggs, onion, olive oil, pepper, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Grease a 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup browned almond meal into the bottom of the pan.
- Add the salmon mixture and shape into a loaf. Press the remaining browned almond meal into the top.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes.
What creative ways do you get Omega 3's into your family?
Don't forget health happens at home,
Some links on ketogenic diet, soap nuts, relationships for optimal health, salad dressings and whether calories matter to inspire healthier living.
Our June meal plan with recipe links plus a quick update on why things have been quiet around here.
Links on weight loss, nutrition, sugar cravings and a curry recipe to inspire healthier living
A simple banana bread recipe sure to become a family favorite.
Our February meal plan with recipe links.
Tuna Curry Recipe. #thereciperedux Read now or pin for later - Health Happens at Home.
The case for cardamom. Find out more about benefits of this spice and ways to eat more.
Links to inspire healthier living. Get posts on ancient grains, fruit for weight loss, self-care and mocktails.
Easy family meal ideas with recipe links.