This month's Recipe Redux theme was to grab a cookbook and make remake a recipe on a page number with a combination of 2016. I chose The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook page 216, Salmon Loaf.
I am always looking for more ways to get Omega 3 fatty acids into my family. And my picky eater kids actually ate this!!
Recipe adapted from the Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.
- 1 (14 3/4 - ounce) can salmon
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain salmon, reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid. Flake the salmon with a fork.
- Brown the almond meal in the butter over medium heat.
- Combine salmon, reserved liquid, eggs, onion, olive oil, pepper, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Grease a 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup browned almond meal into the bottom of the pan.
- Add the salmon mixture and shape into a loaf. Press the remaining browned almond meal into the top.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes.
What creative ways do you get Omega 3's into your family?
Don't forget health happens at home,
Links to inspire healthier living. Get posts on ancient grains, fruit for weight loss, self-care and mocktails.
Power Greens Salad with Maple Dressing.
Our December meal plan. Better late than never. Get recipe links. Easy, fast meals.
Ancient grain summary of posts including recipes links!
Get a delicious recipe to use up Thanksgiving Turkey in turkey/chicken salad featuring cranberries and no mayo.
Our November meal plan with recipe links including some Thanksgiving favorites (turkey and pineapple casserole).
Summing up the ancient grain sorghum.
Immune Boosting Turmeric Miso Vegetable Soup recipe. #thereciperedux Read now or pin for later. - Health Happens at Home
Links on foods to eat when really tired, mother-son date ideas, conversations starters for your kids, buckwheat, and granola recipe.