August has been busy. I am struggling to get back into meal planning and my birthday is in early August so we dined out a lot! I've also been reading a lot and have been inspired with new recipes to try. I'll put links to the books/cookbooks for new recipes below.
- Almond Sheet Cake is not on the meal plan but I took it to a recent pot luck and I thought it was amazing. The kids were not fans.
- My wonderful new neighbors have gifted us with cucumber from their garden. I am trying to use them up. Cucumber Salad with Vinegar is one way.
- Frittata - I used a frozen onion and bell pepper stir fry mix (about 1 cup) and some baby bella mushrooms and it was good.
- Chicken Salad - I've been craving chicken salad but haven't wanted to mess with making my own. I keep buying store version and I don't like them. I love my recipe so much I can't go back back it seems so it's on the menu.
- Chicken in a crockpot
- Recipes from The Lifegiving Table by Sally Clarkson:
- Pizza Dough
- Green Beans
- Spaghetti Cups
- Recipes from 100 Days of Real Food on a Budget:
- Loaded Biscuits
- Chinese Chicken
- Cucumber Apple Salad
- Spring Rolls
- Chickpea Salad
- Orange Sauce Fish
- Lemon poppyseed muffins
- Walnut crusted Salmon
- Huevoes Rancheros
Does your family have any new favorite recipes? Let me know the comments below.
Health really does happen at home,
Cranberry and Cream Cheese Crackers Recipe. A delicious and quick snack.
A review on the new 100 Days of Real Food on a Budget Cookbook!
Our family’s August meal plan - what’s left of it. With recipe and new book links
A simple grilled pork and plum kabab recipe!
Some links on ketogenic diet, soap nuts, relationships for optimal health, salad dressings and whether calories matter to inspire healthier living.
Our June meal plan with recipe links plus a quick update on why things have been quiet around here.
Links on weight loss, nutrition, sugar cravings and a curry recipe to inspire healthier living
A simple banana bread recipe sure to become a family favorite.
Our February meal plan with recipe links.